A Typical Day at Family Camp
Here is the schedule for a typical day at Family Camp on the Bar 717 Ranch.
7:00am Wake up early to help with morning chores!
- Feed the Goats, chickens, turkeys and rabbits
- Milk the cow
- Announcements – What’s happening today?
9:00am Morning Programs
- Childcare sign in @ Gates Gables
- Horseback riding (trail rides, ring lessons, pony rides)
- Slop the Pigs!
- Gardening – help harvest veggies for Salad Bar and Dinner
- On the Avenue: Silk-screening, Pottery, Arts & Crafts, Woodshop
1:00pm Afternoon Activities
- Swim at the Swimming Hole
- Hike up-river to Diamondback Rock
- Relax, read under the apple trees
- Fish, hunt for frogs at Girls Camp
- Wine and Cheese Ride 3-5 pm
- Announcements – What’s happening tonight?
7:00pm Evening Activites
- Help with evening chores: slop pigs, milk the cow, close up small animal barn
- Tie Dye /Candle making in Arts and Crafts
- Sunset hike to Hogsback Ridge
- Kids movie in Gates Gable Dining Room
8:30pm Snacks and Singing on the eating platform
Special Events – changes each evening
- Ropes Course
- Homestead Picnic Dinner
- Overnight on Horseback to Emily’s Cabin
- Untalent Show
- Camp Dance
- Local vineyard wine tasting